Friday, July 10, 2009

Are Your Really Ready to Get Serious About Your Health?

When somebody asks me what I do I reply with a question of my own. Are you really ready to get serious about your health? If the answer is no they won't be very interested in what I have to say. I have yet to get a negative answer. I have heard alot of "I can't afford it" or "I don't have the time."

So what does serious mean? How about really ready? Are you serious and really ready when it doesn't inconvenience you or make you uncomfortable looking at your feelings associated with your eating behavior? I think I am very serious about my health. I am a coach. I spend hours each day guiding people through the Healthyedge program. But am I really? What do my actions really say?

Today I took my puppy to the vet. He has a quarter size bald spot on his back. It isn't inflamed or seem to bother him. But I am serious about the puppy's health so I got the first available appointment. I willing spent money and drove through afternoon traffic to get him to the vet. In fact, I substituted my exercise time to take him to the vet. hmmmmm... What other personal things have I dropped?

I've had something going on with one of my teeth for about 2 months but I "can't afford" to go to the dentist. My knee's really want me to get new running shoes but they are so "expensive". I am willing to spend money to get real pharmaceutical grade vitamins. But that is really because I don't want to waste my money buying questionable pills. Do I take the "time" to stretch after exercising? Do I take the "time" to sleep a full eight hours? Do I take the "time" to drink water? Am I really serious about my health?

My favorite lawyer, Alva Long, once told me to follow the money. I think we were talking about the government but it applies here too. Where do you spend your money? Where do you spend your time? To find out what you're REALLY SERIOUS about follow your money, follow your time. Remember another cliche - Actions speak louder than words.

Healthy mind - Healthy body. Isn't it fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment