Baked Oatmeal Casserole - HealthyEdge Cookbook
· 2 cups whole rolled oats
· 2 cups almond milk (non-dairy beverage)
· ½ tsp pure vanilla
· ½ cup chopped almonds
· ½ cup dried cranberries (unsweetened)
· 1 large unpeeled organic red apple, grated
· 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lightly coat a large glass casserole dish or baking pan with cooking spray (olive
3. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
4. Pour mixture in the casserole dish or baking pan. Place in oven and bake
uncovered for 45 minutes.
· You can prepare all the ingredients the night before and add together except for the liquid ingredients such as the almond milk and grated apple. Those ingredients
should be added just prior to baking.
· I prefer to use an organic Gala apple.
· You may substitute brown rice syrup for pure maple syrup.